Monday, October 19, 2009

Another great article by Malcolm Gladwell. He suggests that football players are basically like the dogs people put in dog-fights: they are both loyal to fault, and both keep going until their bodies are destroyed. He gives some scary stories about brain damage in former football players.

This is the latest in a series of events in my life that have caused me to want to watch less sports. I do not want to support the destruction of young men by watching football.

That said, I did watch the end of the Vikings/Ravens game yesterday, although I put off watching it until I knew that the ending was going to be close (Baby steps, Dirk...baby steps). What an awful way to win: they missed a very-makable field goal as time expired. Horrible.

I'll probably watch more of the Vikings this season, especially since they are winning. I don't feel great about it, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home