Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Skye and I went to see the This American Life Tour last night. I liked it. It was nice to be able to applaud someone who has entertained me for so long. Sarah Vowell, Jonathan Goldstein, and Dan Savage contributed, as well as a "bonus" segment on the TV show (it looks better than I thought it would be, although my expectations were pretty low for it - for fear of ruining TAL's good reputation).

Jonathan Goldstein's piece was my favorite; it was about the Flintstones. Sarah Vowell, though, perfectly described what makes a great television character, and then offered an explanation about why this description might make us like these characters. She offered Homer Simpson, MIchael Scott, the entire cast of Seinfeld, and Larry David.

TAL will be in Minneapolis tonight and Chicago tomorrow, so you should go check it out if you are near there (good luck getting seats, though).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home