Thursday, May 11, 2006

Austin, Texas

I am in Austin, Texas for a conference on the Moore Method. You can't throw a stone in Austin without hitting a musician. On the cab ride from the airport to the hotel last night, the driver told me, "I had lunch with this guy today." The "this guy" that he was referring to was a voice on the radio - Alejandro Escovedo's voice. It turns out that the cab driver is also a musician (and a really nice guy). His name is Antonio Dionisio, and he does World Beat type music. He was nice enough to give me a free CD, but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

I was playing "Texan, or Bostonian" on my plane ride yesterday. The guy wearing a Red Sox hat? Bostonian. The guy with the star spangled eagle on his hat? Texan. The guy with the word "Irish" tattooed on his elbow? Bostonian. The woman wearing a bandana around her neck? Texan. I am just going to assume that I was right.

Here is what I have learned about Texas so far:


  • People are really nice.
  • There are a lot of pick up trucks.
  • Texas gets HBO.


"I've been out here all night."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home