Friday, June 15, 2007

Twins win (also Spurs)

Palestine no longer has a government. I don't understand what this means.

Congratulations to the San Antonio Spurs, who won the NBA title last night. I am sorry that I wasn't able to continue hating them after that physically abused the Suns - I think I reverted back to my original opinion about them.

Bill Simmons pointed out that the upcoming NBA draft is more interesting to talk about than the NBA Finals, and I think that he is right. I think that sports, and the NBA in particular, is becoming more of something that you follow, rather than watch. Maybe that's just me.

More importantly, the Twins won last night in exciting fashion. They were down 2-0 going into the bottom of the 9th. A Castillo single, Cuddyer triple, Morneau single, Yunel Escobar throwing error, and Mike Redmond single led to 3-2 victory. It was fun to follow on espn.com. I just wish that we could get a little more run support for Santana. The poor guy can't buy a win.

In music news, I am on a Modest Mouse kick right now after hearing a lot of "Dashboard" and "Missed the Boat" on the radio. I am also enjoying Kristin Hersh's newest album, Learn to Sing Like a Star. I decided not to see her a couple of months ago because I wasn't really enjoying the album. Plus, there was a decent chance that her string section wasn't going to be there (visa problems). I also missed a chance to see her play within 10 blocks of my house due to my trip to California.

I am contributing to the knowledge of the world: because of me, we now know more politicians who hold a Ph.D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home