Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The NBA Sucks

Okay, I don't mean that. I am just disappointed with how the lottery turned out. My three favorite teams are the Celtics (my first love, and I now live in Boston), the Timberwolves (since I am from Minnesota), and the Suns (since they play fun basketball). All three teams got screwed yesterday.

Okay, that's not actually true. They just all had bad luck.

Okay, that's not actually true. The Timberwolves got the pick that they should have, but the Celtics and the Suns had bad luck. The Celtics had about an 88% chance of getting one of the first four picks (including roughly a 39% chance of getting a top two pick), but ended up with the fifth pick. The Suns had roughly a 62% chance of getting a pick between four through seven, but ended up with nothing (this is because Atlanta ended up getting a top three pick; this caused the Suns to lose the draft pick they received from Atlanta through a trade).

I've also wanted to mentioned that, a couple of years ago, I predicted that Bassy Telfair and Al Jefferson would be draft busts. Both ended up on the Celtics. I was right about Telfair, but not so much about Big Al.

At least the Twins won today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home