Monday, June 04, 2007

The coldest winter I ever saw...

I just got back from a trip to the San Francisco/Oakland/Berkeley area. The trip started with a trip to see Jocko and Supertaster at their nature retreat. They live on a farm, and their way of life was definitely a lot of fun to live for a couple of days. They are a couple of modern day hippies livin' the dream. I was particularly thrilled to ride in cars fueled only by biodiesel and pure vegetable oil.

Next, we went north to the Drs. Yeti and Yeti Jr. On Monday, Top Sex Partner made a semi-surprise visit up from LA. He brought along a mustache as a surprise.

Skye and I had fun with them all. I particularly like the sea lions.

Next was the conference. It was a teacher on how to teach mathematics to current and future K-12 teachers. It was good, and I met good people. Our talk went well, even though I got chewed-out by the resident curmudgeon. This was not a surprise - I know him and initiated the conversation. I think that he later tried to make up with me in his own way after the scolding. That was nice. This whole thing bothered me a little, but not a lot.

In other travel news: I still enjoy cable television. The hotel had it, and I used it to watch The Daily Show, Colbert Report, Futurama, Family Guy, and some other stuff. I stumbled across Studio 60, and was a little disappointed that Aaron didn't send me a postcard to let me know that it was back on the air.

Did you know that Oprah has appeared on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, The Hughley's, Ellen, All-American Girl, and (gasp) Home Improvement? Isn't this like her appearing on According to Jim today? I don't foresee that happening.

One nice thing about cross country flights is the movies. I saw a couple episodes of The Office, one episode of 30 Rock (both very enjoyable), and four movies: Bridge to Terabithia, Man of the Year, Wild Hogs, and The Astronaut Farmer. I really liked Bridge to Terabithia. Two of the movies were so-so, and Wild Hogs wasn't very good. Not very good at all, although I didn't hate myself for watching it.

I am pulling for the Cleveland Cavaliers; the Spurs are jerks. I also thought about seeing the Twins play the A's on Friday night, but I decided that it wouldn't be worth it. For one, I would have left for the game during the 3rd inning, so I wouldn't have gotten there until probably the 6th. Also, it would have been a late night followed by a flight the next morning. I think that I made the right choice, even though the Twins did win.

I think that I am going to go home now.

1 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Bonnie Warndahl said...

Bridge to Teribithia was rad! I'm glad you liked it, too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home