Tuesday, March 11, 2008

So much...

Sorry about the delay. You might notice that I did not take a full month to write, so you are required to excuse me. Many things caused the delay: my grandpa died, I had to decide on a job, we are still planning a wedding, midterms came and went, I had to finish planning for the semester, I had to keep up with a new course.

Skye and I are moving to Minnesota in August. We aren't moving to the exact location we had planned (it is about an hour away from where I wanted to be), but it seems like it will be a fantastic job. I will get to teach pre-service elementary educators in a way that I like, I really like the faculty, I like the administration, there is a great campus culture (students attend classes, there is a big community feeling), and I really like the students. I'm looking forward to this.

Because of the move, we are going to buy a car. This is both exciting and annoying. Mainly, it is annoying. I don't want to spend the money on having something that I don't want to have to use. On the other hand, I need to use a car in order to maintain the lifestyle I want. I am pushing for an older Mercedes-Benz to convert to run on vegetable oil (Benz's are one of the only sedans that are diesel). I think that shopping for cars will be fun, and tinkering with the engine will be cool (this is the exciting part).

The latest big step in the wedding planning was a purchase of plane tickets for the honeymoon. We decided on Norway and Sweden, and I like this a lot. I started learning Norwegian today - I can say variations of three sentences so far. I'll practice again tonight before going to bed.

We saw Juno last night. It was good. I have more to say about it, but there are people reading who have not seen it.

Bob Mould is tomorrow night. I'm listening to his new album right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home