Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy MLK Day!

Happy belated MLK Day! In honor of the day, I would like to link to an article by Malcolm Gladwell on racism. I like Gladwell a lot, and he thinks a lot about these things. I would disagree with his emphasis on "intention," although I think that one should deal with a intention racist comment in a different way from a non-intentional. For instance, 20 years ago (10?) when NFL coaches basically thought "I like black athletes as much as white athletes, but black athletes aren't smart enough to play quarterback," I think that this is possibly a worse type of racism, because it is tough to eradicate when someone isn't even aware that they are being racist.

Anyway, I started watching Battlestar Galactica recently. I just finished season 1, and it is really good.

I'm now done with the semester. I am ready to start preparing for next semester. I am also doing a lot of job stuff.

Thompson is out.

RIP, Heath Ledger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home