Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Back to School

Spring break is done, and I am back to school. The first day went well - I went home a little early to do some work there, and then largely just cooked and did laundry. Then I watched a little bit of Firefly, in spite of the fact that I am trying not to watch too much TV right now. I guess that I might have to give up on that. At least Firefly is only 14 episodes long (plus the movie).

I am keeping up with my work now, and I am also playing basketball. I found a mechanical flaw in my shot on Friday, and fixed it completely. I have been shooting the lights out on Friday and today. Now, I mainly just need to practice a lot to make it completely unconscious.

I am really excited about basketball. This is the second best that I have ever shot the ball, thanks largely to the improved form (it is all about mechanics in pretty much any sport). I think that I might be able to match what I was doing in my 3rd year of graduate school soon, when I entertained the idea of walking onto my Division I school's basketball team (There is a decent chance that I wouldn't have made it, but the school's team is tailor made for me).

Tonight: The Lemonheads do It's a Shame About Ray. I am excited to see them, and I have never seen them live before. Of course, I am a little concerned that it is all a joke - Evan Dando seems like he might try an April Fool's joke out on the city of Boston.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home