Thursday, July 09, 2009

The Lost post is back! OMG!

I wasn't going to write this after first, but Bad Z commented that she and onefourfive were planning on watching The Wire soon. So, here is my The Wire-related comment: "Is there a cooler person on Earth than Bunk Moreland? Seriously, the man exudes style."

I am feeling like a genius. First, I fixed our Skype phones that had stopped working for no good reason. Okay, so all I did was reboot the router and the base station, and - fine - one of our two phones still doesn't work, but we have a working telephone now.

Next, recall that I had a couple of leaks fixed in my EV, and that it didn't start so that I could bring it home. Well, I fixed it last night. There were really only two problems: the first is that I needed a new accessory battery, which I got last week. The car still didn't start.

Let me break this down: the car didn't start with the old accessory battery because the battery wasn't able to provide enough current to the main contactor to start the car. The battery didn't start after the new battery because the connection to the main contactor became dislodged while I was changing the battery. Initially I thought that this was completely my fault, and that I just forgot to reconnect it. In fact, the connection was connected between the main contactor and something that I didn't mess around with at all, so it really wasn't my fault at all.

As a bonus: I now know how to hot wire my car. So if my keys even disintegrate, I can still get home.

2 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think *you* are cooler than Bunk Moreland. For starters, you're not an alcoholic and don't cheat on your wife.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Dirk Awesome said...

True, but he is smoother.

Maybe we could combine our DNA to create a smooth guy with a velvety voice who isn't an alcoholic nor cheats on his wife?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home