Monday, June 29, 2009

Okay, so after thinking and reading about it a bit, I reorganized my favorite players for the NBA draft:


  1. Blake Griffin
  2. Ricky Rubio
  3. Stephen Curry
  4. Jonny Flynn
  5. James Harden
  6. Tyreke Evans


Here is the order that the players were selected:


  1. Blake Griffin
  2. Hasheem Thabeet
  3. James Harden
  4. Tyreke Evans
  5. Ricky Rubio
  6. Jonny Flynn
  7. Stephen Curry


Recall that the Wolves had the 5th and 6th picks. So we got my 2nd and 4th favorite players. However, notice that the 3rd best player slipped to the 7th pick. I sure wish they would have picked Curry - a Rubio/Curry backcourt would have been awesome (potentially), and Rubio would be happy about coming to Minnesota if they hadn't picked someone who plays the same position as him.

That being said, I think that Flynn has potential, so I could have been more upset.

Skye and I put a fence up around the garden this weekend. It felt like a sense of accomplishment, although I am thinking that maybe it wasn't. I think that I built something independently, but I really didn't. Other people build the chickenwire and the fence posts - Skye and I merely bound them together in a rectangle.

I would feel the same way if I built a house - I may have put it together, but I still used boards that someone else sawed, still used nails that someone else created. I think that I have a need to create something completely from scratch. That's too bad, because I don't have those skilz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home