Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Conference Sandwich

I am in the middle of the time between a conference in Texas and a conference in Ohio. In between, I need to get my students ready for their final, which happens on Friday when I am in Ohio.

Many people would call this a conference sandwich, but I would not (except for in the title of this weblog). The conferences act as the bread, and you would never refer to a sandwich as a "rye sandwich," would you? There, I have demonstrated that I am smarter than the average human by pointing out that other people might incorrectly use a rarely-used term.

Life has been good this week. The conference in Texas was a little disappointing, because they didn't talk about what the conference was supposed to be about. I will get to see my friends Holly and JP this weekend.

Also, I will experience the phenomena of "Conference Friends." I have mentioned this phenomena before: when people are thrown together for many hours in a row over the period of just a couple of days, you can start to feel like you have known them for a long time. This happened in Austin with Melinda and Leah (Matt's friends), and it happened last year at the Ohio-type conference. I am hoping that my friends from the Ohio-type conference will be there again: Mark, Tom, Gabriela, Jeff, and Larry. I am also hoping to make new conference friends this time.

There has been an outbreak of irresponsibilty among my students this week. They had presentations in the beginning of the week, and many of the students were out of town (even though they had already signed up for the presentation), or simply forgot. Worse yet, I couldn't really be mad at them, because this was their first offense, and I like them because they have been very responsible up until now.

"Deliver this message to the one i love the most. I've lost all my money to a 300 pound ghost. Squeaky was a sad child - the product of neglect. Got stoned by a jellyfish demanding her respect."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home