Thursday, May 25, 2006

Productive.

I think that I wrote a paper today. Start to finish. Of course, it is really just a corollary of my previous paper with Ben, but there is a chance that it will turn into a publication. This is good, because publications lead to better jobs in the future.

I don't really understand this whole story. My understanding is that people in Congress think that the executive branch cannot enter Capitol Hill to investigate a crime, lest a violation of "separation of powers" occurs. This doesn't match my (admittedly non-expert) understanding of "separation of powers." If there is legally gotten evidence that Jefferson is guilty, don't we all want to bring him to justice?

Of course, the key phrase is "legally gotten." I am of the opinion that everything has been nice and legal so far.

It's also a bit weird that Republicans have come to the defense of Jefferson, a democrat. Perhaps this is because others are soon going to be in a similar situation (via thinkprogress.org).

Also from thinkprogress.org, Delay has decided to enlist Stephen Colbert to help raise money for his defense. I doubt that Colbert gave his approval. Does Delay know that Colbert's show is a joke? Colbert isn't necessarily the hard-hitting conservative it appears they think he is.

Of course, Lay and Skilling were found guilty. As Tsjaz points out, Lay was the biggest donor to Bush. I am amazed at the level of corruption surrounding Bush. This is not to say that Bush is corrupt (it's possible that he is, but I am not in a position to claim that), but it is remarkable how many people associated with him are or are likely to be found to be corrupt.

Yet we voted for him again in 2004. How didn't we know about this from the first four years again? This still confuses me.

Finally, I watched the first game of the Mavericks/Suns series last night. This is going to be a fantastic series.

This just in: Experts say that women can't drive.

“Who hates America more, you or Michael Moore?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home