Monday, May 22, 2006

Conference #2

I had a great weekend at the conference (although it is still much nicer to be back in Boston). I met a lot of people, and saw a lot of people I already knew. The best part is that I think that I made a name for myself among my colleagues. I presented Ben and my paper, which (I am about to brag, but I think that it is all true) is a terrifically interesting result. Also (more bragging ahead), I think that I give a much, much better presentation than most; this is probably because I think about teaching more than most of the other mathematicians, and mathematicians largely learn the same way everyone else does. So I finished my lecture, and just about everyone wanted a copy of my paper. This didn't happen to other talks.

I was basically a rock star for that conference, and the feeling rivaled (but didn't equal) the feeling from sports. It made me really motivated to do more research, because I like having my ego fed.

Bush is still being responsible about global warming. I don't like that my president believes in neither science nor statistics.

Skye and I have been having fun for the past couple of days. We went to the 3 Aces tonight, although we didn't play any Ms. Pac Man. She has work to do tonight, and I think that I will do some research while watching the basketball game(s).

Also, I finished grading today, so my semester is officially over. I am gladly welcoming summer, although I am going to miss my students.

"Steady as she goes."

2 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Tsjaz said...

I am with you in favor of global warming. I believe that carbon dioxide helps light up our lives. I just don't agree with your suggestion that Bush is being "responsible" about global warming. I think he's using far too little fossil fuel.

A counterpoint.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Skye Xyan said...

I know a rock star! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home