Friday, July 21, 2006

A lot on W.

Bush knows that many blacks distrust the Republican party. "I consider it a tragedy that the party of Abraham Lincoln let go of its historical ties with the African-American community," says Bush. This is odd, because he helped let go of the historical ties by refusing to speak with the NAACP for five years.

It's also great that Bush goes to the NAACP to talk about the "Death Tax." Better yet, exactly 59 black people are projected to pay the estate tax this year, so it seems appropriate that Bush would bring that up at the meeting.

And this is just creepy.



I mean - jeez - I am honestly embarrassed by this. We have this meeting of great world leaders, and Bush shows up, get's caught swearing, complains about long speeches, keeps talking about how he's got plans tonight, and can't keep his hands off of the girls. When I read that list, it reminds me of when I was teaching high school kids. Seriously. If you took my high school kids and put them at the G8 conference, that is exactly how they would act.

I do a lot of Bush-bashing here. I do this because he deserves it. However, I am going to try to give more equal time, because democrats have been saying stupid things, too. I'll try to search Red State for some stupid things Dean says. Not tonight, though. Instead, I'll show you Bush's talent.

Scott McClellan seemed overwhelmed to me. Tony Snow just seems like a jerk. Also, here.

Speaking of gay marriage, Republicans seem to be speaking to God. This statement is an absolutely perfect response.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home