Friday, June 22, 2007

NBA = Days of Our Lives

Simmons has a great podcast where he interviews ESPN's Ric Bucher about the NBA. It is fun to go through all of the different possibilities: will Kobe end up in Chicago or LA? Will Garnett end up in Minnesota, Boston, or Phoenix? Ric Bucher says the answer to the first question is "not LA." KG says the answer to the second question is "not Boston."

It seems to me that the NBA has devolved into a soap opera. Everyone is intrigued about trades, awards, and the draft (which is on Thursday - I'm excited), but no one seems to really want to watch the game anymore. At least, that is how it is with me.

Here is how I think that the NBA draft should go:


  1. Portland: Greg Oden. I'd make an argument for Durant, but this is the way it is going to end up.
  2. Seattle: Kevin Durant
  3. Atlanta: Al Horford
  4. Memphis: Mike Conley, Jr.
  5. Boston: Corey Brewer
  6. Milwaukee: Brandan Wright
  7. Minnesota: Jeff Green


I'm not doing any more, because I don't care a whole lot about more. I would be okay with the Wolves rolling the dice on Yi Jianlian, but I am not much of a Spencer Hawes fan. They will probably take Hawes, though, and I hope that I will be proven wrong. If Corey Brewer is still around at 7, I would really, really hope that the Wolves would take him.

Also in Simmons's podcast was a great quote. Bucher was telling Simmons that the reason the Lakers have been making bad moves lately was because Dr. Buss's son (who was described as "psychotic," or something like that) was starting to play a larger role. Simmons piped in with the following (approximate) quote: "Yeah, those legacy kids are ruining this country. If the last six years in the White House has taught us anything, it is that legacy kids are trouble."

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Tsjaz said...

At the end of the day, I learned the most about the sports reporting business from that podcast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home