Monday, September 10, 2007

Regular Posting Starts Now?

This is the start of the second week of hardcore work. My day today is booked from 10 am - 5 pm already, including a four hour teaching conference and three one hour meetings. In addition to this, I need to organize two classes, a seminar, a talk at a teaching conference, and apply for jobs.

Congratulations to the Vikings, who beat an Atlanta Falcons team that is a prime candidate for a Ewing Theory year. This surprised me. I wished that I could have watched - I really like watching them. In fact, I think that football might be the best sport to watch. I have been denying this for years, but I think that this might be the case, and here is why: it has a good combination of regular action and relatively rare (and therefore, more exciting) scoring. There is regularly (but not constantly) something interesting to watch. Baseball doesn't have this, unless you are a complete student of the game and enjoy watching really good pitching; otherwise, it could be boring for much of the game. However, Baseball does have the quality that scoring is rare, and it usually pretty exciting when it happens. Basketball has regular action, but the scoring happens so frequently that it is somewhat of a non-event. Soccer and hockey are similar to baseball.

Speaking of baseball, the Twins are all but out of it. They are roughly 10 games out of the wildcard with about 20 games to play. They will not be in the post season. This is too bad, because I love the Twins.

Also, I saw another Twins cap in Cambridge last night. We had a little "thing" on the sidewalk.

We are learning that planning a wedding is hard. It is getting done, though.

I'll leave you with the video of the week: "Phantom Limb" by The Shins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home