Tuesday, August 07, 2007

More

I ran today. In fact, I ran without my right calf starting to hurt, which is a first in a month and a half (I haven't been running much in an effort to let the calf heal). I think that there were two keys:


  1. I started by walking for three or four blocks, and then jogged for a mile before running.
  2. I got to the running portion; my previous runs have been more like slow jogs.


I think that the latter played more of a role. I have had this happen before: getting hurt because I run too slowly. I think that my form breaks down when I doddle, and so I should run quickly more often. It makes sense for so many reasons.

I am concerned because Cape Cod is expecting rain on Wednesday and Friday. Wednesday sounds like it would be better, but it doesn't look great. Thursday is ideal, weather-wise, but Skye can't come that day. I'll figure something out.

Character of the day: J. Walter Weatherman

2 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Blogger cg said...

That will teach you to lie to your parents...I love Arrested Development. We were in Orange County this weekend and stopped in Newport Beach for a frozen banana. This show gets funnier every time I watch it. I have seen each episode three or four times and just today I was in tears as buster shouted "I'll save you brother."

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Dirk Awesome said...

And that's why...you always leave a note.

It's nice to hear from you, Chris!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home