Friday, October 12, 2007

Hodge Podge

Okay, since I took so long to post, I get to talk about whatever I want for a little bit. I am removing the self-imposed "one topic per post" rule for today.

First: Bill O'Reilly. He recently ate dinner at a black restaurant in Harlem, and he was surprised to see the black diners acting surprisingly civilized. Not surprisingly, he is getting slaughtered by the left for making an ignorant statement. And it was ignorant. However, do we really want to punish him for this? He grew, he learned something. He then shared it with exactly the demographic that is most likely to think that black people are uncivilized: Fox News viewers. Wasn't he doing the world a service by telling those viewers that they are wrong? Isn't that the first step toward common sense? So, please, lay off Bill. We want to encourage people to make these realizations, not to demonize them for it.

I wish that I were a Colorado Rockies fan right now. They have a great story, winning 18 of the last 19 games, including a 13 inning do-or-die game to make the playoffs. This must be fun for the fans. I hope that they make it to the World Series and get crushed by the Red Sox.

Congratulations to Al Gore for the Nobel Peace Prize. That will look good next to his Oscar on the mantle. Now, do you think that he will run for president? I don't, although I think that he would have an awful lot of momentum if he started soon.

I'm smack in the middle of applying for jobs. I am a little behind of where I wanted to be, but not by much. I should be done by the middle of next week, and then I can start doing research.

"The Con" by Tegan and Sara was the song of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home