Monday, September 17, 2007

Almost Done?

I think that I might be out of the "work 12 hour days but really have nothing to show for it" stage of the year. That's not actually fair, because a lot of the work that I am doing is training, and does pay off - it's just not as immediately noticeable as other things that I would like to do.

I had 35 hours worth of meetings last week, largely concerning training. These were meetings that had nothing to do with writing syllabi, building webpages, preparing lesson plans/homework/worksheets, and preparing to teach; those things were all done in the time outside of those 35 hours. Tonight I have to train from 7-9 pm and prepare a lot of work for a meeting tomorrow. After that, things get easier. After this weekend, I think that I will have settled into the normal semester schedule - hectic, but not crazy.

The Vikings lost. This is because they aren't a very good football team. I didn't watch the game, but I followed it online. In overtime, they had the ball at the 50 yard line on third down. All they needed to do was to run for no gain, punt, and let their excellent defense try to stop the Lions. This is what I was hoping for as it was happening (although I would have been thrilled with a first down, I didn't find that to be realistic). Instead, they fumbled. Good teams don't fumble then. Good teams rarely combine with their opponents for 10 turnovers; it sounds like the Lions aren't good either.

I need to advise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home