Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Exercise and deals

I'm trying to figure out how to stay in shape. I played basketball with some other faculty yesterday, but I had to go to the second campus to do it. This means that playing basketball takes roughly 2.5 hours due to my being a slave to the bus schedule. I might go again tomorrow, but I don't think that it is sustainable. I am thinking about maybe just running laps in the gym on my campus for 45-60 minutes each day. It would end up being less time, and I would be minimizing my competition exposure.

Yesterday was Goodwill day. I went there and bought three shirts (I like them, although I get the impression that Skye doesn't), one pair of pants to be cut up to make patches for my deteriorating mittens, The Red Tent for Skye, and The Corrections for both of us. I got all that for a total of $9 (although I now realize that I was ripped off, since the two books are selling for a penny on amazon.com. I did not see any Voltron figures there, though.

2 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger catsallaroundus said...

But they do sell Voltron Pencil Pouches... http://schnuth.com/2008/11/10/thrift-store-treasures/

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Dirk Awesome said...

Blast! I was too late, and now I will never own the Voltron Pencil Pouch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home