Thursday, February 12, 2009

Snoop

Happy birthday to Snoop!

I had an interesting experience recently. I initially judged two people that I met together in a group. Person A was judged to be a friendly, out-going and generally nice guy. Person B was judged to be sullen and possibly mean. After a couple weeks of getting to know them, I think that I should have switched the two judgments: Person B has been very nice, and Person A has been a bit of a jerk (confirmed by others).

I think that I mispronounce two words: "jewelry" and "comfortable." I think that I say "jewlery" and "comfterble." I've been working on the former for a while, so I think that I do okay with jewelry. I just realized that I might be messing up comfortable, although I am close to the first pronunciation on this page.

1 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I checked on your pronunciation. According to MW, your version of jewelry is fine, although OED suggests a minor change. I think the verdicts are the same for comfortable. However, I don't really understand the phonemic orthography, so this is just a guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home