Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It has been suggested that I am an executive-lover, that I think that all executives should receive large and frequent bonuses regardless of the status of their company. To those critics, I direct their attention to here.

I also want to take a second to point out that the Republicans in power are being a bunch of punk-faced weasels. Senator McConnell is suggesting that he favored limiting executive pay when he in fact opposed it. These are lies. He is suggesting that the Treasury Department isn't doing their job, when he actually was working against them.

UPDATE: More Republican deceit.

There may be good reasons why the executives deserve the bonuses, and I am willing to listen to people who want to convince me (like Dana Perino, although I think that she is mistakenly/misleading with her definition of "middle class"). I am not so arrogant to think that I am right. However, I draw the line at McConnell-style deceit.

Dated story, but Pastor deflected gunshot with Bible. As Bill Maher points out, the headline doesn't do the story justice. The Bible stopped a bullet, but three other bullets managed to evade the miraculous Bible and kill the pastor. I feel bad for the pastor and everyone who knew him, and my purpose isn't to mock him. My purpose is to mock the American press who is so anxious for miracles that they create one out of a completely non-miraculous event. If you fire enough bullets at the front of a church (which is, unfortunately, what happened), you are bound to hit a Bible sooner or later. Shame on the people who tried to get a great headline when the man died.

Finally, Olivia and I started playing a game I call "stalk." Basically, I get on my hands and knees, hide behind a corner, and peek out every now and then. What I see is basically this:



Sometimes I jump out and scare her away, and sometimes she does a flying leap toward me. It is great, great fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home