Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Since I last posted: train trip, conference, friends visiting, and our one-year anniversary.

The train trip was great. The trip to Chicago got to be just a little long, but not bad. Then I got my own bedroom on the sleeper car (it cost extra), and that was fantastic. I want to do that more often. My only complaint was that I didn't get much work done due to the fact that I really enjoyed just looking out the window.

The conference was great, and I saw some old friends. I am now inspired to do math again, but there isn't much to write.

We had a great visit with friends from Boston. They stayed for 6 days, and they never got old. I am sad that we didn't see them more often when we were living in Boston.

We had our one-year anniversary. I slept most of the day, and Skye worked.

Here is an exciting new electric car. After tax credits, it ends up costing somewhere in the $30,000s. This seems like it is getting close to being affordable.

A couple of great weblogs:

  1. Mano continues to be extremely thoughtful on torture.
  2. Tim Gowers is great read for college math instructors. He has a great post explaining what it means to be well-defined.


EDIT: Look down the funnel of a tornado!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home