Thursday, July 16, 2009

I've been slacking quite a bit - sorry.

An interesting article on why America doesn't do so well with science. Basically, Hollywood only presents scientists as nerds or evil. The former has always been obvious, but I had never considered the latter is true. The article cites Crichton as being particularly guilty of this (scientists turn dinosaur DNA into terrorizing dinosaurs! Science is bad!).

I have some ideas, and I am trying to figure out if I should write them down or save them for tomorrow in case I don't have anything interesting to write. This is because I have an idea that creativity is finite, and a person only has so many songs/stories/paintings in them. I think that I am wrong about this, but the attitude lingers.

In the spirit of fighting that attitude (and considering that I haven't posted in 6 days), here is a little more:

Here are three songs that are surprisingly popular in my new home town. I didn't hear them much on the radio in the other places I've lived. This could be due to the fact that I had radio stations that I really liked in all of the other cities, where I have to make due in my new location. Here are the three songs:


  1. "Carry on my Wayward Son" - Kansas. This isn't surprising, since it is a classic classic rock song. I also like the song, and think that it is well-put together; there are several different parts to the song.
  2. "Kyrie" - Mr. Mister. It seems like this should have dropped out of the rotation about 30 years ago.
  3. "I Hate Everything About You" - Ugly Kid Joe. It seems like this song was barely popular when it first came out. Maybe that wasn't fair - I remember seeing the video a lot as a kid. Still, it doesn't seem like this quite holds up to the test of time.


I also remember that the lead singer of Mr. Mister was offered the lead vocalist duties in Chicago after Peter Cetera left. I think that he should have accepted.

I have more to say, but I'll save it. This is due to laziness, not fear of exhaustion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home