Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Now that school is starting again, I'm doing the bike-to-work-run-home/run-to-work-bike-home two-day cycle. This means that I have to use the locker room at school, since I should really shower at school on the days that I run to work. I have a lock on a locker, but I haven't used it since May. This means that I forgot the combination (I had a lock that I had been using for about 10 years, but it got got off of a locker last year when I came down to the locker room 10 minutes after the gym closed).

Anyway, I forgot my combination. Well, I found out that there are ways of quickly determining the combinations of certain brands of padlocks. This algorithm, along with my vague memory of some of the numbers in the combination, allowed me to recover the combination.

I've always wanted to be able to pick locks ever since playing D&D with Tsjaz as a kid.

2 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Skye Xyan said...

I also have a lock-picking fantasy. I am proud of you!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Dirk Awesome said...

Thanks! Between this and my hot wiring, I'm on my way to becoming a bad kid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home