Friday, January 22, 2010

We finished BSG, meaning that I have now seen all of my favorite series at least twice. I think that this is a sign of a life well-lived.

It is a social weekend. We are going to have the Rockroads over for dinner tomorrow (first time hosting with the baby) and my parents over for the Vikings game on Sunday.

After trying to get football out of my life, I have found myself extremely interested in the playoffs (the Vikings have something to do with this). I have watched several (portions of the) playoff games, and have been really enjoying following the games via podcasts (Bill Simmons, in particular). I am really happy that three of the four teams are likable; I came around on Peyton Manning a while ago (maybe it was when I moved away from New England), and it is tough not to be happy for the Saints. I am not a fan of the Jets. Still, I am not sure that football is "good" for society. I will worry about this after this postseason, though.

I have never liked any of the New York teams, with the exception of the Mets in the early '90s. I am not sure why this is, although I find it curious: I liked Boston teams growing up, and I disliked New York teams. When I grew up, I found that I really like the city of Boston, while I really do not care for the city of New York. In fact, I tend to prefer Boston bands over New York bands, although this is not nearly as polarized (e.g. I really like Interpol).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home