Monday, May 29, 2006

Maine

I have not yet mentioned that I, like Skye, have many Post-It notes scattered across my home, each bearing "a simple message." Here is where I have found them:


  • On my laptop
  • On my shaver
  • On my Chocolate Silk container
  • In my current book, Beside Still Waters
  • In a cardboard box which contained my dryer balls. You know - the balls you put in the dryer to make clothing dry faster.
  • In my suitcase
  • Under my pillow
  • In my alarm clock
  • On my VCR remote
  • adidas shoe box
  • In my wooden message box in the kitchen
  • In some coconut moisturizer
  • In my dental floss
  • With my toilet paper rolls


I need to go now. Later, I will tell you about weekend in Maine, and maybe some stuff related to feelings. Maybe.

Who was it that said something like, "'Far Behind' by Candlebox is the worst song ever to make me cry." I could probably figure this out, but I am looking for webl participation here. Here are three good places to look: Tsjaz, Klosterman, Simmons.

"And if he were heavyweight champ, he'd put his title on the line twice a night, every night, to give the people what they want."

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger cg said...

I couldn't let this Candlebox reference go without comment. Perhaps we could play the six degrees of Candlebox. Just yesterday--before I read this post--"Far Behind" played over the jukebox while my friend and I played a competitive game of shuffleboard. This wouldn't be so weird if the jukebox had been playing the whole time, but just that song came on randomly without any prompting. Not only that, I recently watched Fearless Freaks, a documentary about the Flaming Lips in which it was revealed that they opened up for Candlebox just after Transmissions from the Satellite Heart came out. Now, seemingly as random, Candlebox makes an appearance in your post. What kind of power do they wield? What is Candlebox trying to tell us?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home