Thursday, June 01, 2006

Mother's Milk

I am calling for a moratorium on bad news. This week, I have learned:


  • My friends had to put their adorable cat to sleep.
  • A friend divorced her husband because of his infidelity.
  • My friend's father died suddenly.


I was right - it seems like breast milk is just modified sweat. I knew I wasn't making that up.

I basically worked for 12 hours yesterday. This is one of the weird things that many mathematicians have in common - they get semi-obsessed with solving problems. It comes and goes; in a week, I won't want to do anything related to math. But for now, I am going to take advantage of my willingness to work.

I ran today. I meant to run yesterday, but I was firmly planted on my couch with my symmetric and alternating groups. It would have been better to run yesterday, since there is a ten degree difference betwixt the two. I put in probably 11 miles, which is about four or five more than I was planning on. I just felt good when it came to the turnaround point, and so I kept going. By the time I got to the next point where I could turn around/cross the river, I was starting to feel it. My main goal for the rest of the run was to find shade, and I wasn't too successful. For the last two miles I was in "Just Keep Moving" mode. I didn't push myself at all, except to keep my feet moving.

I'm feeling really good now, though. This is because I immediately had some post-run water, Powerade, and salty french fries. I have found that I need salt the most after this exercise.

"Milk is actually a kind of anti-microbial snot mixed in with a lot of fat and sugar."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home