Thursday, October 19, 2006

I thrilled because my friend Yeti just got his Ph.D. Congratulations!

I'm neutral because I just got back from a condo association meeting. The developer wanted a one-time special assessment to raise some more money. This caused many of us to be suspicious of his accounting practices. He isn't very reliable; an example of this is that I closed on my condo two months later than I was supposed to. He just hadn't filled out all of the necessary paperwork with the city/state government.

Basically, I came away from the meeting with the developer thinking several things. First, I don't think that he is crooked. Second, I think that he is probably careless and sloppy with our money ("The budget of this condo association is $50,000 per year. I deal with $12 million per year total. This is nothing to me.") Third, he is terrific at misdirecting. We asked him a lot of questions, and he would just talk a lot and not really answer the question. This is frustrating, and makes me trust him even less. I don't think that he is intentionally trying to screw us, though.

Finally, I am not yet very good at running a course. My students loathe their homework. They have a midterm on Tuesday, and I am happy with what we have written. I think that it will be reasonable, although this is difficult to say until the students take the exam.

I'm going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home