Wednesday, April 04, 2007

6 Mile

I ran again today, which means that I think that I have successfully jumpstarted my exercise program, which had been floundering for the previous 2-3 weeks. It feels good, and it only takes me 70 minutes from the time I leave my office until the time I get back; that time should also decrease as I get in shape and start running faster.

I am teaching four classes today. This is twice as many as I normally teach, although three is the norm for Wednesdays. I am heavily leaning toward keeping my schedule as clear as possible, which means that I might try to limit my teaching to two classes unless it is a class that I am particularly interested in teaching, which basically means "I get a chance to test out my textbook."

I think that I am going to yet another conference at the end of May, and a one-day conference in town in April. This pushes the total to six for the calendar year, which is a lot. This is one of the reasons why I am planning on teaching less.

I am now really looking forward to April 15th, because I will be done traveling and presenting for a month and a half. I need to prepare and practice another presentation for Friday (in town), and then prepare and practice another presentation for next Thursday. This takes up quite a bit of time. As does hiring undergraduates, which I am doing for two different positions now. I should see roughly 120 undergraduates in the next month for these positions.

Wednesdays are great, because they are the days when I get Real Time and The McLaughlin Group. I can't wait to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home