Friday, March 23, 2007

Help is on the way! Of course, Bush will veto it if it gets to his desk, but this is a step in the right direction.

Actually, I am not sure that this is a step in the right direction, since I don't know what to do with Iraq (although I know that we shouldn't have initially invaded). Ultimately, I think that this is the right thing to do because I think that our presence is causing more problems than it is solving. I am also guessing that the neighboring nations would step up and help with Iraq's security (since it would be in their best interests).

While I'm talking about politics, the following video is just plain frustrating. This reminds me of when I taught in the high schools. From time to time, I would see one of the boys throw a crumpled up piece of paper across the room. I would immediately ask him about this, and he would immediately EMPHATICALLY deny that he did this. Everyone in the room saw him do this, including me. Why wouldn't you just admit that you were caught? Did the student think that I might reevaluate my ability to interpret the information that comes in through my eyes? Doubtful.

Anyway, Tom Delay is that 15 year old in my classroom who throws crumpled up paper across the classroom. Just frustrating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home