Monday, March 26, 2007

Curses. UNC lost. I want to blame Georgetown for cheating, the refs for being unfair, or bad luck. The fact of the matter is that UNC was just terrible over the last 12 minutes of the game. Absolutely terrible. They were forcing shots, didn't take it at Hibbert (who had three fouls at the time), and couldn't stop Georgetown from getting good shots. Lawson should have been driving and dishing a lot more than he was. It was just awful - painful to watch at the end.

Not only that, but my bracket went down the tube. I picked UNC to win it all, and I only got two out of the Final Four correct (I had Florida and UCLA, but I also had UNC and Texas A&M). It was a good year for me until the end of the tournament. I think that I have an outside chance of winning my office pool, but I am not counting on it.

Here is a good idea for teachers who teach any sort of math: the AWM Teacher Partnership program. I just signed up.

I did my taxes, and I am going to get some phat money back from the Feds. This is because my entire income goes toward paying off my mortgage interest, so it is like I have no taxable income at all. This means that I should be able to pay off my second mortgage in about a week. I am a little disappointed that I won't be able to chip away at it month by month like I have been doing (I am only 2-3 months away from being done), but I think that I would rather just be done with it than have the satisfaction of the chip-away. Now, I can start saving money again.

This has been kicking around WestWash for a while, but I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home