Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Here.

I am writing to you from underneath a Twins cap. It makes me happy. Thanks, Tsjaz!

My students have an exam tonight, so I am using today to lazily get a bunch of little things done. This includes sleeping in until 8:30 am (it had to be done), cleaning the bedroom and kitchen, mailing in a membership form to MER, canceling some identity-theft plan that my credit card gave me (more on this in a second), and starting up a new Roth IRA. Oh, I also scheduled dentist and doctor appointments.

It was only after all of that that I went into work at 11 am; I immediately went out to lunch. When I got back, I had a delightful conversation with my thesis student. I eventually prepared my lesson plan for tomorrow; I wouldn't normally do this until tomorrow morning, but I might have to sleep in (see next paragraph).

Of course, I have done some work today, but my primary reason for being so lazy is that I am going to need to grade a lot tonight. I'm saving myself.

When I called to cancel my identity-theft protection plan (which I only agreed to after I found out that I could get a free credit report if I signed up for a free 30 day ID-theft protection plan trial), the guy on the phone asked me, "Aren't you afraid someone is going to steal your social security number?" Geez, talk about alarmist. He said a couple of other things like that - subtle, but scary. I don't appreciate scare tactics being used against me like that.

I should also mention that I am wearing my Johan Santana shirt today, too. I feel a little silly wearing two Twins things, but I can deal with. Besides, Santana is starting today, and I think that I should be supportive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home