Friday, May 04, 2007

Sports and Skeptics

OM@G! Golden State beat Dallas! For those of you who do not know about these things, this is impressive because Dallas had the best record in the league, and Golden State barely made the playoffs (meaning they didn't win a lot of games in the regular season). This would be like Hurley stealing Kate away from Sawyer.

I have been watching season 3 of Penn and Teller's Bulls Hit recently. Bad Z is right - the show has gone way downhill. It seems to me that the show used to do pseudoscientific experiments to disprove wacky ideas. For instance, they had multiple Feng Shui experts critique a room, and the experts all gave contradictory information. This is useful! Their method in season three is to find a crazy person who holds a view point, let them rant, and then have Penn make snide comments as the narrator. This is not what I signed up for, and I doubt that I will watch the rest of the season.

Isn't it nice that we have people who are making semi-serious bids for the presidency who do not believe in science?

Lies my government told me: the surge is working, because violence is decreasing. Well, yes, violence will decrease if you don't include car bombs. Sheesh! That is their main weapon, and we don't include it?!? Oh yeah, only 537 people died in the Revolutionary War (Note: I am not counting deaths do to musket-fire).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home