Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I finished Harry Potter. I find that I am rarely happen with finales. Normally, my opinion is either "they screwed it up" or "they didn't screw it up." I think that Rowling falls in the latter category, which is the highest praise that I can give. Maybe Sports Night gets slightly higher praise; maybe Six Feet Under, too. I cannot remember how Arrested Development ended, but I don't think that they screwed it up. Same with Ed. In fact, Ed may have had one of the best endings ever, since it ended at exactly the right time. Now, Buffy had a great ending after season 5, but then got picked up for seasons 6 and 7 on the WB. The ending of season 7 was decent, but not great. I didn't finish watched the X-Files.

I finished teaching my summer class, and I loved it. I had some trouble making the class hard enough, but I think that now know some good questions to ask.


I'm off to Ithaca to write a textbook. I'm leaving in probably 15 minutes. I'm really excited because I am going to take my first Greyhound trip of my life. I want to travel by bus and train as much as possible now, due to environmental concerns. Of course, there are times when time constraints require air travel, but the summers should allow for frequent bus/rail trips. We will see if my opinion remains after this Ithaca trip.

I am looking forward to responding to JW's GBV mix.