Friday, July 06, 2007

Thugs in MLB?

This is old news, but I am wondering why Michael Barrett hasn't gotten the "thug" label yet. He has been involved in fights with Roy Oswalt, A.J. Pierzynski, Carlos Zambrano, and Rich Hill (note that the last two were on the same team as Barrett at the time).

Has Barrett been labeled as a menace yet? Perhaps, but I haven't heard a lot about it. It seems like he is not being held to the same level of scrutiny as some NBA players - it seemed like Artest got labeled as a problem for doing much less than this. I would have to imagine that race factors into this, but I have no proof.

I finished my first week of teaching out of three. My students are great, and I am starting to feel good about the class. I was initially nervous about it because I hadn't though all the way through the course (even though I had taught it once before). Now I have some grading that I don't want to do.

I am superexcited because I got some hand-held crank generators today:



I am going to use it to get high school kids to build windmills out of junk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home