Wednesday, September 12, 2007

9/11

This was the first 9/11 since 2001 that fell on a Tuesday. This seems significant, but I don't know how.

I'm giving a presentation at a conference today that I am not quite prepared for. I will give myself one hour this morning to get ready.

Good for President Bush. I am pleased to see that he is taking advice now, and I am even more pleased to see that 3000 troops will be removed from harm's way. I don't know if reducing the troop size is the best thing to do, but it seems like it is to me.

The more I listen to Governor Mike Huckabee, the more I think that he is really a charming guy. He seems friendly and has a quick wit. I most want Ron Paul for the Republican nominee (his agenda is most similar to mine), but I think that Mike Huckabee is now second (even though we have some severe disagreements). There was no second place before now.

Let's talk briefly about the genius that is Adam Carolla. He has appeared on Bill Simmons podcast twice, and has proposed four script ideas to Bill. Three of them (Pediph Isle, Rings of Honor, and Snapper) were fantastic (check it out on iTunes). I decided to re-listen to the movie descriptions on Monday. As I was doing this, I got an email from Tsjaz linking to Snapper. What a fine bit of serendipity (I'm not sure if this is exactly the right use of the word since I already found it, but it is close and I don't want to use the word 'coincidence'). I'm going to try Carolla's podcast now.

Tonight: Interpol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home