Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bonus Blog!

I wasn't intending to write today, as I am trying to limit my writing to MWF. However, Interpol was so awesome last night that I had no choice but to write.

I am tempted to say that this was one of the five best concerts that I have ever attended. The only two things holding me back from saying that are


  1. I left the concert feeling different most of my other concerts. This was my first arena concert, and I think that it had a very "individual" feel to it, rather than a "shared-experience." It wasn't bad, it was just different.
  2. Nobody really cares what my favorite five concerts were.


I always thought that the lead singer's voice was kind of weak, and that they propped him up a lot in the studio. However, he sounded really good last night (I understand that the new technology can really make a singer sound better than he is in real time, but I don't care).

They are all very good musicians, and I like the fact that the lead guitarist (Daniel, who is my favorite) doesn't do normal lead guitarist stuff. It seems like lead guitarists normally do the things that are less repetitive, in terms of guitarwork; they normally play the one-off riffs and solos. Interpol, however, doesn't roll like that. Daniel's guitar mostly had a consistent, steady presence, and this created the kind of atmosphere that Interpol is supposed to create. I suppose that you could argue that Daniel is actually the rhythm guitarist, but I don't care.

I also like the fact that there were keyboards. Actually, I think that I like the fact that there were keyboards, but I couldn't tell that there were keyboards most of the time. Again, atmosphere.



In other news, we all just gained weight, even you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home