Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kermit=Bacon

My old friend Kermit is made famous by bacon.

Skye and I watched Scrubs again last night. I am afraid that I think that the series "jumped the shark," as the kids are saying nowadays. It is also no longer "the bees knees." It still has its moments, but I agree with the 1397 who think that The Musical was the turning point. Skye disagrees with me, and I should note that she has 5249 people who agree with her.

Since the musical, the show seems to almost literally be a parody of itself. At one point, Dr. Cox goes through the list all of the characters and lists off why the character is funny to the viewer (e.g. Ted is the "sad sack," Cox is really commits to his jokes, etc). This seemed to me like it could have been a scene found in Mad Magazine. I do not want my TV shows to do this.

Speaking of Mad, there was a character in Angel named "Groo" (short for The Groosalugg). The name, and to a lesser - but still significant - extent, the character reminded me of one of Tsjaz's favorite comic books: Groo the Wanderer. I think that it must not have been a coincidence.

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Tsjaz said...

Person: ...as any idiot can plainly see.

Groo: I can plainly see that.

I still think of that comic whenever cheese dip is mentioned.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Tsjaz said...

Which is often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home