Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day!

O Happy Day! We FINALLY get a new president - just 2.5 hours away. I expect that the next eight years will be better than the previous eight, although I am not expecting miracles to occur.

The EV is back and running. The rear right brake was stuck, which explains why the car couldn't go very fast. One way to think about electric cars is that they can only hold one gallon of gas. If you had a regular car with one gallon of gas in it, you wouldn't get very far if you were driving with your brakes on, either. I would have driven it to work today, but I need to pick up Skye in the city later today, and I want to slowly test the range of the car. It went 5 miles home from the car shop yesterday on less than a full charge without a problem, but today will require about 25 miles of driving; this is pushing the limits of the car (30 miles), and I don't know exactly how the cold affects the car.

Happy Obama-In/Bush-Out Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home