Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obama!

Yes, we did. Obama made it to the presidency. Thank goodness. I had a class that started at 11:20 CST, so I put on Obama's speech before class. He didn't end until close to 11:30, but I still think that it was a good use of class time.

Skye and I celebrated with a pizza and gin rummy at our favorite pizza place. All was good, except that I forgot to order the pizza without cheese. I had heaping piles of cheese on the plate by the time I was done; it was not appetizing.


Today was the first day that I used the electric car as a commuter. I did drive it to school and back to run an errand the first day I had it, but today I am leaving it here for the entire day. I had no problem getting here, and I don't expect to have a problem getting back. I drew about 100 Amps while driving, with a max of 200 amps when I accelerated hard (which I didn't do much). The brake light is still on, which concerns me a bit, but the car coasts and isn't drawing nearly as much power as it did when the brake was locked.

Tonight is Lost! I will be unable to watch it until it comes online, since we get exactly zero channels right now (no cable, no satellite, no antenna, and the nearest signal comes from 70 miles away).

On deck for today: teaching, basketball, financial errands, grading

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home