Friday, January 30, 2009

Lost

Today I am going on an overnight faculty retreat. I am looking forward to it, although this might not be a great week. After travelling to recruit students on Monday, I think that I would prefer not to travel more this week.

My friend Aminal Beast brought to my attention that Frogurt from Lost actually appeared in season 2. She is correct that I hadn't realized that. I can't figure out how this affects my prediction that he would die as soon as I found out that his name is "Neil." I think that the bottom line is this: Skye was right - my prediction may not have been that impression. Aminal Beast thinks that the key knowing when people are going to die is not when a minor character gets a name, but when someone is being annoying. Based on this theory, Bad Z has been predicting Charlotte's death for months (I'm surprised she didn't celebrate more). Aminal Beast then used this theory to conjecture that Rose and Bernard are going to die next (Snoop didn't think that they were important enough to the show to warrant killing).

The EV is in the shop getting ready for an upgrade. I can't wait.

Skye and I went to a charitable organization last night to get trained to volunteer there. It was NOT a good training. Here are my tips on how to give a bad training based on last night:


  1. Give several pages of typed bullet-pointed handouts, and proceed to read the bullet points to people even though they could read it themselves
  2. Describe policies and safety, but do not actually describe what the volunteers will do.
  3. Evade questions you do not know the answer to
  4. Explain many things in great detail to overwhelm people


I've been playing basketball, but my skills haven't yet materialized as I predicted. They are coming along, though. I was supposed to play today, but I cancelled due to achy joints and a jammed finger. I think that I need new basketball shoes. That, or I am getting old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home