Friday, March 20, 2009

I did as well as the President on the first day of the NCAA tournament. I am four-for-four so far today.

Ford is coming out with an EV in 2011. Good on them!

I've been thinking: you know how we are always told to diversify our portfolios? Well, why doesn't that apply with the U.S. economy? In other words, how did we get to the point where we have businesses that are "too big to fail." That just seems like poor planning on all of our parts, and now we are paying for it.

Mano (again) has an interesting take on AIG bonuses. Basically, he is saying that they are just distracting (perhaps intentionally) from the real problem at hand: that AIG was basically just laundering TARP money that ended up going to companies like Goldman Sachs (where Hank Paulson used to work). He seems to be crying "conspiracy," which always troubles me. In particular, I don't understand why giving a second round of TARP money to Goldman Sachs is any worse than giving a second round of TARP money to AIG - this may just be because I don't understand the problem completely. Still, he has a point that we might be taking our eye of the ball (where "ball"="real problem").

Jake Tapper is grilling the Obama administration on transparency. This is from thinkprogress.org, one of my favorite websites. However, I don't understand their suggestion of hypocrisy. I don't think that Tapper has an obligation to allow everyone to follow him on Twitter, but I do think that government should be transparent. Again, without knowing much about the situation, I think that Tapper has a point.

Tonight: art crawl, grading, and starting to prepare talk I am giving on Tuesday
Tomorrow: department retreat, preparing talk, and series finale of BSG!
Sunday: ????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home