Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Late Night Grading=Early Morning Weblogging

Want to become a billionaire? Up your chances by dropping out of college... This is one of the dumber things I've read recently. It goes on to say that 20% of billionaires (polled in their unscientific survey) did not graduate from college. I'm just doing this in my head, but I calculate that 80% of billionaires did graduate from college. It would seem like the more accurate headline would be: Want to become a billionaire? Up your chances by graduating from college.

Also, I'd like to see evidence that math prowess is genetic. I could believe it, but they provided zero evidence. Speaking of college education, I think that is the single most important thing a person should take from college: the habit of providing evidence for arguments.

Congratulations to Tsjaz. Also, to UNC. I'm going to miss those guys - it seems like they have been around forever. Now let's see them all become mediocre pros.

I've graded one exam, although I haven't even started on their homework. That can be done tomorrow. Then maybe I can grade tomorrow's new exams on Wednesday, and then grade the Wednesday take-home exams on Thursday morning (day off! Five day weekend! I love working at a Catholic college...when it isn't Labor Day or MLK Day).

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'd like to thank you for linking to this article. I learned a great deal from reading it.

In my own unscientific study, I found that a large proportion of billionaires had a lot of money. My conclusion? If you want to increase your chances of being a billionaire, you should obtain at least a billion dollars.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Dirk Awesome said...

Again, Aaron, I ask: please provide evidence of your claim. You can't just state "most billionaires have a billion dollars" without providing evidence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home