Friday, April 03, 2009

Hooray for Iowa! They legalized gay marriage! I'm awfully jealous - why didn't Minnesota do this first? C'mon - we're going to let IOWA beat us on this one?

Also, this is the first time that a state has legalized gay marriage under a Democratic government. I know the governors don't legalize gay marriage, but I still find it curious. Here is the roster:


  1. Massachusetts, under Mitt Romney (Republican)
  2. California, under Arnold Schwarzenegger (Republican)
  3. Connecticut, under Jodi Rell (Republican)
  4. Iowa, under Chet Culver (Democrat)


I discovered this when arguing on Facebook with a ridiculous conservative who made some claim like "Wilson and Roosevelt were president when the US got into World Wars, and they were both Democrats. Therefore, Democrats get us into World Wars...so vote for McCain." It wasn't that bad, but that was the spirit of it. My response was "Republican governors lead to gay marriage, so you should vote Democratic." He wasn't quite smart enough to see what I was trying to point out, even after I connected the dots for him.

I guess I need to have a new comeback for that now.

By the way, other states offer some sort of civil union-type thing, but not marriage. I'm not counting those.

2 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You could try to sell him a rock that keeps tigers away.

If that doesn't work, you could resort to telling him that you had sex with his wife.

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Dirk Awesome said...

"That's specious reasoning, Dad." "Thank you, dear."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home