Monday, January 25, 2010

So the Vikings lost. At least they did it in a way that did not break my heart. In 2000, they lost 41-0, completely underachieving. In 1998, they lost by playing almost perfectly until the last field goal. In 2009, they lost by simultaneously playing well and playing horribly; they would look great until they fumbled. So they gave me hope without giving me too much hope. I thank you, 2009 Minnesota Vikings, for that.

I fully planned on rooting for the winner of the NFC Championship at the Super Bowl. However, I am planning on rooting for the Colts for the following reasons:


  1. The Saints are not the best team in the NFC. They should have destroyed the Vikings, considering how many turnovers the Vikings had. They did not earn my support. (Note: I am not claiming that the Vikings are the best team, either. I think that there probably were no good NFC teams, although I am going to pretend like the best team in the NFC just somehow missed the playoffs. Let's just assume that Atlanta was the best).
  2. I think that the Saints were playing dirty. I really think that they were trying to hurt Favre on a couple of those plays (they had three personal fouls within 30 minutes of gametime—ridiculous).


I could also add that I have relatively new-found respect for Manning (as with everyone else) and that my wife is from Indiana, but that is not why.

Go Colts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home