Monday, December 03, 2007

Weekend

It has been a very social weekend. Skye had a work party on Friday. Most importantly, I met up with J again (I'll try to come up with a better name for him). I'm going to try to speak to him more often, which is easier now that I have his email. Also, we won $50 worth of iTunes stuff. This was easily the best prize in the raffle, in my opinion.

Saturday was mostly spent stuffing envelopes for a charity. After this, we watched the first half of season 3 of Arrested Development. We watched the second half on Sunday.

I met up with some Orientation Leaders from the "U" on Sunday. We talked about the trapeze. Then we watched Arrested Development and talked to Skye's roommate, who just returned from a trip.

Now, let's talk about sports. First, the Vikings are doing much better than I expected. Good job, Vikes!

Second, I'm not sure about trading Santana. Of course, I'm not happy to see him go, but it seems like we aren't getting a lot back from him in the rumored trades. The Yankees are offering Hughes, Melky Cabrera, and a "midlevel prospect." Doesn't this seem to be a really low offer for the best pitcher in baseball? Cabrera never struck me as all that great, so it wouldn't be much more than Hughes's potential for Santana.

For the Red Sox, it seems like an Ellsbury/Lester or Ellsbury/Buckholz foundation would be reasonable (although probably not Ellsbury/Lester/Buckholz). Lester/Buckholz might be a little high. But lately they have been talking about Ellsbury with some lower-level prospects? This doesn't seem right to me.

I think that part of it is that I haven't yet been able to think of the importance contracts in baseball trades. I can do it for the NBA, but not yet for baseball.

Personally, I think that I would love to see a Lester/Buckholz/Crisp trade; I would imagine that Minnesota would have to throw something else in to even the deal, but I don't think that this is unreasonable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home