Monday, January 19, 2009

More on the EV

So remember when I said that the electric car would stop immediately when I took my foot off of the "gas?" I neglected to mention that the first thing I checked was to make sure that the emergency brake was off. I shoved the parking brake down as far as I could, and the car would still stop. This is why I ruled out a problem with the emergency brake.

I'm now pretty sure that the problem was with the emergency brake. The light indicating that the brake was on never went off, and it now appears that the parking brake lever and the brake cable became disconnected. It is now at the shop getting checked out (I am also replacing the transmission fluid, which should help it anyway). With luck, I'll be commuting in it in no time.

Here is my next project: a solar oven. I am hoping to make one this week out of cardboard an aluminum foil (which is recommended). If that works well, I might try to make a big, sturdy one this summer out of plywood and mylar.

I am rooting for the Cardinals, by the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home