Thursday, April 09, 2009

I completely forgot to congratulate Vermont! Way to legalize gay marriage, and legislatively, too! For those of you keeping track, that's another Republican governor. So four of the five states that have ever legalized gay marriage have been Republican.

Speaking of gay marriage, check out this quote from "Morality in Media" president Bob Peters, who just said that the gay marriage movement is part of a larger sexual revolution:

"It is my intention to point out that the success of the sexual revolution is inversely proportional to the decline in morality."

Well, duh. If you define morality to be "only sex between a married man and woman," this is a tautology. You haven't said anything, Bob.

We got the Litter Kwitter yesterday. I can't wait until Oliva is toilet trained. She went to the bathroom in it once last night, but she has definitely been holding it a lot longer than she normally does. I feel bad for her, but I also want a toilet trained cat. I am hoping I don't find any accidents when I get home this evening.

I drove my electric car to the far campus today. There weren't any problems, and I don't expect any on the way home from the near campus. Of course, I took advantage of opportunity charging twice, so I still don't know if I can get there and back on one charge from home. I am skeptical, since it is really hilly between the near campus and far campus.

I'm still in love with my EV. I have been a little less conservative with it, and that makes driving a little more fun. In fact, I was driving home on the short highway I drive on on the way back home from work. I have been passed a lot on this stretch in the past (to be fair, I get passed even when I am driving my internal combustion engine, too). So yesterday I was waiting at the stoplight right before the highway, and there was a car right in back of me. I took off, and rapidly went through the gears to get up to a high speed. Not only was the car not passing me, but I was actually gaining distance on him. I started feeling really proud, and I started daydreaming about blogging about the experience (I know, I know...). Then, the car sped up and zipped right past me like I was standing still. It was apparently just waiting for oncoming traffic to thin so it could pass safely.

My EV: it is underpowered, but I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home